DEVILS=v=BRIGADE
Welcome to the new DEVILS=v=BRIGADE Forums. Please register and feel free to roam and talk among the others. Please be sure to make your call sign your user name.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

DEVILS=v=BRIGADE
Welcome to the new DEVILS=v=BRIGADE Forums. Please register and feel free to roam and talk among the others. Please be sure to make your call sign your user name.
DEVILS=v=BRIGADE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P51B

4 posters

Go down

P51B Empty P51B

Post  Strahotinja Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:31 am

Hello ppl! How are ya? Its been a long time since i wrote something here Smile

I know that you guys like P51s, so i am asking you for your opinion about P51 B model.
Whats the best convergence? Which plane is the worst enemies of P51B? Is P51B good energy keeper? Run, or stay? etc...

<S>

Strahotinja
Strahotinja
New Guy
New Guy

Back to top Go down

P51B Empty Re: P51B

Post  vBobO Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:13 pm

<S> STrah

Personally set mine at 425. To me the B is faster but less well armed than the D.
vBobO
vBobO
Brig. General
Brig. General

Back to top Go down

Post  Trooper Wed Aug 15, 2012 3:39 pm

I prefer the PonyB. Why? I like the looks of it better along with, i feel that it is faster. Only downside is it doesnt have as many guns. Still a very fun plane to fly.
Trooper
Trooper
Colonel
Colonel

Back to top Go down

Post  Strahotinja Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:29 am

Tnx for answers Smile

I would like HTC to add P51 A or C model...that birdcage canopy is sexy! Wink
Well, 4x 50.cal are not enough,i usually end up with 4 assists and 1-2 kills...but practice can make it perfect. I set my convergence on 400. While BnZing, on D400 i am starting to shot, and close combat, is doesnt matter how convergence is setup. USAAF manuals say its better to set convergence on D300 at max, but i cant get used on it...its only 100yards diference, and yet so much.

Another P51, Dora, Lala, or even a P38 could be a problem in disadvantage situations. Thats what a learned so far Smile
Strahotinja
Strahotinja
New Guy
New Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  vKJ Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:37 pm

The B is better than the D above 10k and waay better at high alt. I am talking peek altitudes for the B at: SL - 15k and then 24k - 31k. Above 31k the climb rate goes below 2,000 fpm but airspeed holds. Unlike the D, I would stick to internals and not carry fuel drop tanks because there is a speed and performance penalty for anything put on the wings. Corner speed for the B is 200 - 500 mph where the D is corner - anything above 250mph.
Styles: BnZ, like the D, is preferred. Unlike the D, the B is not as good at slashing due to two less .50 cals putting holes in the enemy aircraft in a short snapshot. TnB, unlike the D, is an option at more than just "very fast" speeds. But same tactic; lag turns, bleed energy, no more than 2 notches of flaps, etc. Beware the pilot that wants to get you into a climbing turn fight.
vKJ
vKJ
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum