DEVILS=v=BRIGADE
Welcome to the new DEVILS=v=BRIGADE Forums. Please register and feel free to roam and talk among the others. Please be sure to make your call sign your user name.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

DEVILS=v=BRIGADE
Welcome to the new DEVILS=v=BRIGADE Forums. Please register and feel free to roam and talk among the others. Please be sure to make your call sign your user name.
DEVILS=v=BRIGADE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

109 convergence help

4 posters

Go down

109 convergence help Empty 109 convergence help

Post  Strahotinja Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:14 am

Hello Devils and others!

Anyone of you flying 109s?
I am flying them for 3 tours by now...and i`am STILL have a problems to set ideal convergence for nose cannon!
To be exact...i can set any convergence for 109 and get used on it...but when i want to fly some other of my fav. planes (which are japanise or american) i am having very hard time hiting anything cause of bad habit! Thats overfrustrating. Here is why...
When you are aiming in 109 on enemy at D400 you need to pull your nose a lit bit up so cannon bullets can reach it...its ok to do that if you are flying 109s always and only. But when you sit in anyother plane, first thing you will do when you get behind enemy on d400, it will be pulling your nose up instictly...overshoting it, thinking WTF, missing perfect shot and then geting mad
Your shots take their places after few sorties in that other plane (F4U-1 for ex.)...you acctually start to hit WHERE you aim!

And thats what i want to do with 109 too - to aim with my middle dot (which is usual aminig point) on gunsight, and to land my shots where i aim, without geting bad habit to pull nose up to hit your target.

Do you guyz know how to put convergence for nose cannon to achieve that?

MG 151/20 have a good ballistic...so, the only problem is convergence.
Even dot command .traget ### didnt help much.
Strahotinja
Strahotinja
New Guy
New Guy

Back to top Go down

109 convergence help Empty Convergence

Post  vRAZZ Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:23 pm

Convergence settings are for horizontal adjustments to make 2 or more guns on either side of the airplane meet at the same point downrange. What you are asking for is a vertical adjustment. As far as I know, this is not possible in game.

vRAZZ

vRAZZ
New Guy
New Guy

Back to top Go down

109 convergence help Empty Re: 109 convergence help

Post  vBobO Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:11 pm

I set mine all the way out. I want those machine guns to reach out as far as possible to corral enemy planes into a turn. The nose cannon is on the centerline but I only use it to take shots at less than 200 yards, preferably 100.
vBobO
vBobO
Brig. General
Brig. General

Back to top Go down

Post  Strahotinja Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:30 am

Thank you for reply guyz Wink

Yh, i am actually looking for vertical convergence...but i read somewhere on BBS that you can set vertical convergence, by seting it closer. Closer it is, higher it will go. I am not sure is it true, but its resonable. HTC could add that game option. I would change a game itself...on better way.
Anyway, i will keep my convergence on 400...i had more lucky shots with that convergence then with 200 or even 500. hehe

And there is one more interestying thing...
When i sit in 109F4, my deflection shots are far more accurate, and i have more chanses to hit something then in any other 109 model. I think its cause of wide frontal view.
Strahotinja
Strahotinja
New Guy
New Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Rufleak Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:31 pm

vRAZZ wrote:Convergence settings are for horizontal adjustments to make 2 or more guns on either side of the airplane meet at the same point downrange. What you are asking for is a vertical adjustment. As far as I know, this is not possible in game.

vRAZZ
There has to be some distance off the nose at which the bullet stream crosses the center-line (nose to tail, or the axis around which the aircraft rolls.)

Whether it is adjustable in game, I don't know. I have always assumed that the distance set on the convergence page covered both the vertical as well as horizontal.

With regards to the center-line cannons, the Yaks and P-39s would have the same convergence question (no horizontal factor.)

Rufleak
New Guy
New Guy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum